Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Supported Network Controller by Beckhoff Ethernet Driver

NSanc3
Novice

hello,
At the moment I have a NUC, I work with EtherCAT and I have problem to run in full speed with the NUC, I was checking the in 
https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/tcsystemmanager/reference/ethercat/html/ethercat_supnetworkcontroller.htm&id=18955
where describe the Supported Network Controller by Beckhoff Ethernet Driver, I have a desktop PC with one the Ethernet Controllers (Vendor ID: 0x8086) listed in that web and I dont have problem to run in full speed, so I am planning to buy a new laptop and I can not find the correct one that have a compatible Ethernet controller integrated that is supported and listed in the beckhoff web side.
Any sugestion about how to find the correct laptop ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IntelSupport

Hello NSanc3,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

On this forum, we can provide recommendations about the behavior your Intel® NUC is experiencing at this moment. For questions about Intel® Ethernet Controllers and their specifications, we can move this thread to the appropriate forum. Please let us know if you would like this thread to be moved. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NSanc3
Novice
0 Kudos
Ray_W_Intel
Employee

The list of network adapters from that link are very old and deprecated at this point.  It appears as though the vendor for the software needs to update their network adapter driver allowed list.  My recommendation is to reach out to the software vendor directly and request for the adapter list to be updated.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello NSanc3,

We have moved this thread to the Ethernet Products forums.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NSanc3,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help us in checking your request.

1.) May I know if you have a specific brand and model of laptop that you intend to purchase? 

Most likely, you will be purchasing a laptop that has LAN on Motherboard (LOM) or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Ethernet Controllers. For this type of Ethernet Controller, we usually refer customers to their manufacturer since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on their system. They are in best position where customers with OEM system can seek assistance so they don’t lose features or customization of the Ethernet controller. 

2.) Based on the link you have provided, most of the Ethernet Controller mentioned are already Discontinued. You might encounter trouble looking for these Ethernet Controllers.

However, looking at the list, I have checked the Ethernet Controllers that are still in production and you may visit it thru links below.

Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52963/intel-82579v-gigabit-ethernet-phy.html

Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/47620/intel-82579lm-gigabit-ethernet-phy.html

3.) Can you share the exact model of your Ethernet Controller when you mentioned 'I have a desktop PC with one the Ethernet Controllers (Vendor ID: 0x8086)'?

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NSanc3
Novice

I do not have specific request of brand of laptop, I am researching to buy the correct one that will work well with EtherCAT... About the old pc that I have I can not provide that information, because I dont have that computer anymore.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NSanc3,

Thank you for the reply.

Looking at the link you provided, I can see that 82579V and 82579LM are on the list. These two Ethernet Controllers are still on the market. You may consider double checking with Beckhoff if it will work well with EtherCAT. Once done, you may now contact laptop manufacturers and check with them the list of laptops that has an Ethernet Controller mentioned above. 

Here is the list of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NSanc3,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, feel free to let us know and we will be more than glad to be of help.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NSanc3,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos