Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Trying to get vLANs working on 82566DM-2

HumbleHomelab
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have an integrated LAN controller, 82566DM-2. I'm running Windows Server 2012 R2 on this machine, and I'm having a heck of a time getting Intel drivers to install. When I use the automated utilities, they'll either tell me that they're not supported or they can't detect an Intel adapter on my machine. I've tried several different versions of the PROSet drivers until I was able to force an installation of HP's (my motherboard mfg.) old drivers, dated March 26 2010, driver version 9.13.41.0. This added a Link Speed and Advanced setting tab to my driver properties window, but I still do not see any way to configure VLANs for this card.

Am I basically out of luck for getting VLANs working with this operating system (Server 2012) or is there potentially another way?

Thanks in advance@

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HumbleHomelab,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

After checking, we don't find any driver for Intel® 82566DM Gigabit Ethernet PHY for Windows Server 2012 R2. You may double check it on the link below.

Downloads for Intel® 82566DM Gigabit Ethernet PHY

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/34459/Intel-82566DM-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY

Since you mentioned that this is an integrated LAN controller, 82566DM-2 on HP system, we would suggest contacting HP support to check with them the available driver for your Ethernet Controller. We do understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with HP system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with HP for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Sharing the Support Information for Intel® 82566 Gigabit Ethernet PHY for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005644/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HumbleHomelab,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

After checking, we don't find any driver for Intel® 82566DM Gigabit Ethernet PHY for Windows Server 2012 R2. You may double check it on the link below.

Downloads for Intel® 82566DM Gigabit Ethernet PHY

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/34459/Intel-82566DM-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY

Since you mentioned that this is an integrated LAN controller, 82566DM-2 on HP system, we would suggest contacting HP support to check with them the available driver for your Ethernet Controller. We do understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with HP system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with HP for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Sharing the Support Information for Intel® 82566 Gigabit Ethernet PHY for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005644/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

HumbleHomelab
Beginner

Hi @Caguicla_Intel,

I was surprised to see that Intel was still providing such recent drivers on their download page, however in the readme it seemed like support for the 82566 was dropped since version 23.5 or about there. I have a feeling HP will not be of much help, especially since Windows Server operating systems don't appear to be supported on the hardware I'm using. I have the distinct impression I may be out of luck here! Thank you for your help all the same.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HumbleHomelab,

Thank you for your kind understanding.

If you don't have any additional questions, please be informed that we will now close this request. If you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos