Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Unable to install Driver & Support Assistant

DLGA
Beginner

I m hoping that someone may be able to help me out here.

I am attempting to update my Intel Drivers and am having trouble installing the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (DSAService). Each time I try I receive this error message:

0x00000783 - Service Intel Driver & Support Assistant (DSAService) could bot be installed. verify that you have sufficient priveleges to install system
service.

I have attached the log that came with the latest attempt.

I have turned off all anti virus software while try to install and have tried doing so as an administrator but so far no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DLGA

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you blocking any fiirewall ports?

Also, review this:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html

Doc

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Hi AlHill,

To my knowledge I am not blocking anything.

I haven't ran into this type of problem in years.

DLGA

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

what browser are you using?

Doc

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Chrome but have also tried with Firefox

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Also, just read the link that you gave me but it will be very difficult to UNINSTALL the program mainly because I can't INSTALL the program to begin with!.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, so we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Here is the scan log file

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, I cannot tell you why IDSA does not install.  But, if it were to install, the results would be NIL.

You have a 5 series motherboard, with a 2010 processor, with Windows 7.  Everything you have is discontinued and unsupported.  IDSA would find nothing to update.

Perhaps one of the Intel support engineers can offer more.

Doc

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Thanks anyway.

I'll just live with what I have.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would also think that, for Windows 7, running the installer As-Administrator isn't going to be enough. You might try doing so from a full Administrator account. Regardless, I agree with Al; there isn't much that is still supported on Windows 7, so I doubt the tool will do much for you.

On the other side of the coin, provided your system has an add-in NVIDIA/AMD video card and you aren't using Intel RST for RAID, Windows 10 should install and have every driver necessary right out of the box. You do know that you can still install Windows 10 essentially for free using a Windows 7 license key, right?

...S

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Just tried and received same error message

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DLGA,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I just want to check if the issue was been resolved or answered.

If you still have questions, please let us know.

In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
DLGA
Beginner

Hello Michael L..

So far nothing has worked so I have decided to just forget about it.

I appreciate the replies received but since this is an older system and I have no intention of updating it to Windows 10 I will just get along with what I've got.

At least it works for what I need.

DLGA

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DLGA,

I understand.

Thank you for the update and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos