Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Update driver for Killer E2500 v1

GregP89
Beginner

Hello!

Please update the driver for Killer E2500 v1.

At the moment, the latest driver version is 9.0.0.50.

Driver ID: VEN_1969&DEV_E0B1.

Intel recently updated the driver for Killer E2500v2 to version 1168.002.0909.2021 in Killer Performance Suite 3.1121.1048. This driver has added support for RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing).

I think it's not that hard to add similar support for Killer E2500v1.

If you (Intel, Rivet Networks) are not able to update the driver yourself, then ask Qualcomm Atheros for help.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello GregP89,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to route this query to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @GregP89

Thank you for the information provided. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. You may find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

Here is some information on "Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Intel® Killer™ Ethernet Products"

For Ethernet driver updates and troubleshooting guidelines for discontinued Killer products refer to PC manufacturer's websites as Intel does not develop, store, or provide these drivers. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GregP89
Beginner

Hello!

Please pass the information to your Intel engineers so that they, together with Rivet Networks and Qualcomm Atheros, think about updating the driver to enable RSC (Receive Segment Coalescing) support.

0 Kudos
Geo34
Beginner

@GregP89 

I have the same issue! All I want if the ability to use again my killer control center app! Used to work but Microsoft windows update ruins it... Always had troubles installing it the right way and make control center to function and work. Then all of a sudden the control center had to be downloaded from windows store (!!!) ... and now even though its there still I cant re-downloaded it and re-install it....!!! 

*update : Just managed to download the Control Center from microsoft store and its working! Im on the same driver version as you! 9.0.0.50 , 14/1/2020

0 Kudos
Vlad572
Beginner

Hello @Geo34 and @GregP89.

Can you tell me how I can obtain the 9.0.0.50 drivers, possibly without Killer control center?

There has been a high security issue identified for the Intel/Killer WiFi6 adapters and the fix is to Install Killer Performance Suite . That fails with a message that it can't be installed with Killer/Rivet drivers.

I was able to find the driver for AX1650x separately but also noticed that my wired driver is at version 9.0.0.49 (2018). Given that .50 is from 2020, I am hoping that may allow me to install that suite or, if not, at least get on the latest version of the driver.

Thank you in advance. I agree that Intel totally dropped the ball here. I have a multi thousand dollar Alienware PC and I can't just rip and replace a wired NIC from it. Intel should support these products.

--vlad

0 Kudos