Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4876 Discussions

Update:e2fexpress ID:27 issues from Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V?? (traditional chinese)

Orz
Beginner

Dear,

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/e2fexpress-ID-27-issues-from-Intel-R-Ethernet-Controller-3-I225/m-p/1312869

My yourlogname.log show:

Intel(R) Ethernet NVM Update Tool
NVMUpdate version 1.37.13.5
Copyright(C) 2013 - 2021 Intel Corporation.

E:\700series_nvmupdatepackage_v8_40\700Series_NVMUpdatePackage_v8_40_Windows\700Series_NVMUpdatePackage_v8_40_Windows\700Series\Winx64\nvmupdatew64e.exe -i -l yourlogname.log

Inventory
[00:009:00:00]: Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Flash inventory started.
Shadow RAM inventory started.
Shadow RAM inventory finished.
Flash inventory finished.
[00:009:00:00]: Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Vendor : 8086
Device : 15F3
Subvendor : 1043
Subdevice : 87D2
Revision : 3
LAN MAC : F02F74D1FF76
Alt MAC : F02F74D1FF76
SAN MAC : 000000000000
ETrackId : 80000182
SerialNumber : F02F74FFFFD1FF76
NVM Version : 1.87(1.57)
PBA : G23456-000
VPD status : Not set
VPD size : 0
NVM update : No config file entry
checksum : Valid

then ASUS answer me more than 7 months:

Hello

The backend has been assisted to confirm the confirmation (problem: Warning 27 is displayed in the event viewer, uninstall the official website 1.02.8, then restart and install the Intel official website driver wired_driver_26.4_x64 & wired_proset_26.4_x64)

Confirmed by the back-end, this is the problem of INTEL TOOL itself, it is suggested that you need to give INTEL official synchronous feedback, thank you

2022-04-13 034051.jpg

Conclusion: They(ASUS) are powerless and believe that only intel has the ability to solve

Now what should I do? THANK U!

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Orz
Beginner
Dear,
Regarding the procedure below, at what stage did you suddenly receive the error?
Ans:Following my steps below, the error message will appear immediately, and the error will appear immediately after the computer wakes up from hibernation or sleep!

Few minutes after driver installation?
Ans:No need to wait!
Installing driver / Uninstalling driver / Pressing cable test or hardware test / PC rebooting or waking up

Was the system in idle mode once it received an error?
Ans:No,according to this year's situation!
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you for the swift reply. 

Please allow us to re-escalate this request to our engineers for further checking. We will get back to you as soon as we heard from them but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you for the information that you provided.

We asked you before if the e2fexpress ID:27 can cause disconnection issues, and you responded "No disconnection, is it slow or not I'm not sure". What do you mean by this? Can you please try the network connection while it has e2fexpress ID:27 to check the actual connection status? If you can still connect to internet without any issues?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Orz
Beginner
No problem connecting to the Internet!
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. We will check this again and please give us another 1 to 2 business days to provide an update.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Apologies for the delay on this matter. 

Please be informed that this request is still escalated to our higher level engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Good day!

We'd like to inform you that we are still checking this with our engineers. We understand that this is taking longer than expected and rest assured that we are closely monitoring this request for you. Please expect another update for the status of this one no later than 3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Good day!

Please be advised that this request is still escalated to our engineers. We are closely monitoring this request and as soon as we heard from them, we will let you know. 

We will provide another update no later than 3 business days. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

I hope this message finds you well!

We'd like to inform you that this request is still escalated and we are closely monitoring this one. Rest assured that once there is any update from our engineering team, will share it to you. 

Please expect another update for the status of this request no later than 3 business days. 

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Orz,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below feedback from our engineers. 

This is a reproducible event. The Warning is a Microsoft Windows Event that shows up when the network is temporarily disconnected or Windows perceives there is a Micro-disconnect.

As this error is not resulting in any functional issue, we highly suggest to report it to your system manufacturer or Microsoft.

See list of System Manufacturers below

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Microsoft Support

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/

ASUS Support

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Thank you for your time and cooperation throughout the process. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused. We will now close this request. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Orz
Beginner
Dear,
About e2fexpress ID:27:
You have replied that 「The Warning is a Microsoft Windows Event that shows up when the network is temporarily disconnected or Windows perceives there is a Micro-disconnect.」
Suggest that I go to Microsoft and ASUS to solve it, right?
OK,But ASUS has called me to ask intel to solve it two months ago?

===
Then there are still these problems, and no solutions have been given!

Intel(R) PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility 26.6.09:
.NVM Integrity Status: Failed

.Cable Quality Status: Failed => I tried changing the network cable, but actually changing the other one didn't solve it!

.Cable Integrity Status : Failed => I tried changing the network cable, but actually changing the other one didn't fix it!

Then please can you really give a solution that can actually be solved, without losing or closing the functions that should be there, and under the premise of not reducing performance and stability!

Note:
The shared router is ASUS RT-AC58U, Chunghwa Telecom's FTTH, and the cables are CAT5E & CAT6!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
TCR
Beginner

Dear Crisselle,

The reason that the Windows event log states that the message for the event cannot be found is because of a mistake in the Intel drivers.

The INF file contains: 

[win10.EventLog]
AddReg = win10.AddEventLog.reg

[win10.AddEventLog.reg]
HKR, , EventMessageFile, 0x00020000, "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\netevent.dll;%13%\e2fmsg.dll"
HKR, , TypesSupported, 0x00010001, 7

So the registry points to e2fmsg.dll in the destination directory for the i18n strings.

But one of your colleagues forgot to actually add e2fmsg.dll to the copy files section.
So e2fmsg.dll is missing from the destination directory.

Ironically the INF file for the Wi-Fi Drivers (Netwtw6e.INF) also contains a mistake for the event messages:

[Reg_CommonAddEventLog_10_WinT]
HKR,, EventMessageFile, 0x00020000, "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\netevent.dll;%%13%%\Netwtw10.sys"
HKR,, TypesSupported, 0x00010001, 7

[Reg_CommonAddEventLog_10_WinA]
HKR,, EventMessageFile, 0x00020000, "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\netevent.dll;%%13%%\Netwaw10.sys"
HKR,, TypesSupported, 0x00010001, 7

Adding variable declarations to the Windows registry by escaping them, of course, only works for Windows variables like "SystemRoot".
The variable "13" is now added to the registry instead of it's value. %%13%% should have been written as %13%.

This gives the idea that Intel's engineers don't use any proper testing techniques (like unit/E2E tests).
(Secondly, naming a variable 13, that is rookie level bad practice).

With friendly regards,

0 Kudos
TCR
Beginner

After further investigation it turns out the Bluetooth drivers contain the same mistake in every INF file as the Wi-Fi drivers.
Looks like a fundamental knowledge gap.

0 Kudos
Orz
Beginner

Update:

MB:ASUS B550-F WIFI II (BIOS=2803)
Lan Driver:26.7 (1.1.3.28),I225-V Rev.3

ASUS has already replaced another new board,confirming that the problem still exists!

After a year of research between you and asus,the conclusion is Microsoft's problem,but after I reported it to Microsoft on the official website,Microsoft ignored it!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e2fexpress-id27-issues-from-intelr-ethernet/d4...

My understanding is that you and Microsoft are not trying to solve it together!

P.S.

The WIFI and bluetooth used by the old B550-F (WIFI) motherboard are intel solutions
The WIFI and Bluetooth used by the new B550-F WIFI II motherboard are MediaTek solutions

Both will show e2fexpress ID:27 warning!

my pc device status:
After reinstalling the system (https://www.microsoft.com/zh-tw/software-download/windows10),use GPT-UEFI mode,then install only amd_chipset_software_win10_3.08.17.735 chip driver,and Wired_driver_27.6_x64 (1.1. 3.28), and Wired_PROSet_27.2_x64(Only the nvm TEST before this version is not deleted test results),which is already a very clean WIN10 system!

0 Kudos
TheComputerDesk
Beginner

I am having similar issues with network suddenly going offline, obtaining new IP addresses, DNS failures, etc. 

This started occurring after a Microsoft Update around June or July 2023.

I was able to solve this by opening Device Manager, Network Adapters, and Properties for the Intel adapter - clicking on Power Management tab, I un-checked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" which seems to have solve the network stability issues.  I am still seeing Windows Events, but at least the network is stable again.

0 Kudos
Estuardo
Beginner

First of all i'm really sorry for what Orz had to endure going back and forth with these multimillion companies incapable to own their failures and solve the issue. 
I'm having the same issue with Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V installed on Gigabyte Z590I AORUS ULTRA (rev.1.0).  Windows 11 pro. My problem started when i replaced my old router (single band 2.4Ghz) with a dual band (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz) ASUS TUF Gaming AX3000 V2.  With my ethernet i get  e2fexpress Error in the event viewer [Event Id: 411] i'll say it again Error, not a warning. Most of the times my ethernet card loops trying to connect, some others it shows under the network adapter "Unidentified network" the icon on the task bar indicates that is connected but i had no internet access... Leave it alone. i'll connect to my brand new 5G wireless... or so. Surprise! i can connect to both of them (2.4 and 5) but without internet access. Well, may be i'm too far away from the router, I bought a new dual band extender... Bad news. I have no ethernet, no Wireless, a new router and a new extender for nothing.
Fortunately i still have my previous single band extender. Wirelessly connect it to the router's 2.4Ghz band and from there to my box's wireless card Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz. Suddenly it works.
To finally got here i've spend countless hours back and forth messages with Gigabyte, wasted hours Uninstalling and reinstall my OS, following instructions in this thread and this one https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html ,  phone calls, try and err experiments.
Conclusions (IMHO):
The root cause are the Intel Cards. No matter what, the other possible players (such as those dual band devices and the OS) are not playing as they should because of the faulty card(s).
As for today, I ended up with the following options:
1. Do nothing and be happy to had spent hundreds €€€ in new devices plus €80 1Gb/Month internet service and just consume half of it.
2. Accept a replacement from Gigabyte that brings the same issue because this is a faulty embedded component.
3. Somehow, make a choice to remove one of my already full pcie slots to make room for a new ethernet card and forget about the wi-fi.
I don't like any of the above options.
Any way. I just reply to this thread not to get help from Intel (because i know i wont) but to warn others about the frustration you will face when dealing with this specific issue. In a connected world being disconnected is not an option. 

0 Kudos