Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Windows 10 Teaming on RS2 Build 15063 once again disabled.

PG9
Beginner

When can we expect a revised driver which includes teaming on Windows 10 RS 2?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

I'm currently checking your query and will update this thread as soon as possible.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ,

After further confirmation, there's still no timeline on when an updated driver will be posted to support Teaming on Windows RS2 build 15063.

Kindly visit our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ in the near future for updated release.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
MSava3
Beginner

Vince,

this is extremly disappointing. We have been waiting for a year to have a working driver.

We were told time was required to do a back port from the Redstone 2 (Creator Update) down to Redstone 1.

We were very thankfull of the effort and it worked... for not even two months!!!!

How it it possible that the "working solution" on Redstone 2 is not working anymore?

It's really quite confusing and very depressing!

Carl_Wilson we do ask your help once more!

0 Kudos
MSava3
Beginner

Error in the system is:

Unable to bind to physical adapter. To resolve, remove the adapter team and then create a new team.

0 Kudos
GCatt
Beginner

Thanks for testing this and letting everyone know that ANS is not working on the new Windows 10 release.

I set my system updates to "Defer Feature Upates", so hopefully I can delay update my system until Intel has the new drivers ready.

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately, I won't be able to provide updates on this new issue. 6 months ago I transferred to a different product group within the company and am no longer owning Ethernet technologies. I will send a note to the driver dev team however, and point to this forum, hopefully they can provide an update through our support team.

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

OK, this is my last update. I promise.

So... the actual response from the engineering team for RS2 is... we will have a fix for RS2 ANS/Teaming in revision 22.3 of the software driver (a new Intel issue, not related to the previously required OS changes for RS1). This 22.3 SW release should be out end of May/first part of June. So not too far away.

This is also why our driver releases for new OSes are almost always after the OS release. We have to wait until the final RTM build is complete before we can run our final test passes on it. In this case, the ANS needed changes from RS1 in order to make teaming functional again. The 22.1 SW release currently available was not for RS2 support explicitly.

MSava3
Beginner

Carl_Wilson

You rock!!!!!

thank you once more!

0 Kudos
PG9
Beginner

Carl,

Thank you for the reply, we are aware you have moved after sticking with us through the pain of the previous MS release cycle.

It does appear that Teaming is intentionally disabled due to the new Windows build which does not contain the relevant Hotfix and we now need a new driver to go through testing and certification. It would be great if the new owner of Ethernet Technologies could give us an indication of the expected (not promised!) timeframe involved.

Regards,

Psi

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

RS2 does not need a hot-fix like RS1 does. RS2 has the correct plumbing. The fix for RS2 will be on the Intel driver side (just a good old fashion driver bug that needs fixing).

0 Kudos
PG9
Beginner

Good to know, thanks again. Please get back to your day job

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

ALSO:

After you remove the non-working team and try to reapply that same IP that was used by the Team you'll get an error like the following:

"The IP Address xxxxxxx you have entered or this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter "Team1" ....

When I initially set this up I remember you had to delete some registry values in order to free up that IP address again.

I searched around, but I can't find that Intel article.

ANYONE? Our webserver has been down for a good 6 hours now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree,

If you're pertaining to uninstall adapter team procedure that includes steps for removal of registry items, please check the link below;

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005781.html

Hope this helps.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

So what's the update on this?

Is the current driver working for teaming in Windows 10 CU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SeanVree,

Version 22.3 is already available in our downloadcenter, this version supports ANS in Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2) based on Carl_Wilson post last April 10.

Download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10-

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Hey thanks!

I did get the driver installed, I can add the NIC teams, but the actual team is added in a "DISABLED" state when looking at network connections. I can right click and click enalbe, but nothing happens. In Devmanager, it's not disabled, and either are the NICs...and I have an active connection. So, why is ithe team disabled in network properties?

Any ideas?

0 Kudos