Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

X540-T2

hGEVE
Beginner

Bonjour,

j'ai un dell precision t3420 avec un pcie x16 dispo. j'aimerai savoir si je peux mettre la carte x540-t2 qui est en x8 sur cet emplacement?

merci

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hGEVE
Beginner

en fait, la question vaut pour la X540-T2, X710-DA2, XL710-QDA2...et je cherche à acheter les cables Intel QSFP+ aux références suivantes: XLDACBL3 (Twinaxial) et X4DACBL3 (Breakout)

que je ne trouve pas chez les grossistes.

merci

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Hervé,

Thank you for the post. Currently, we only moderate in English language on this community. Therefore we suggest that you write your concerns in English in order to better collaborate with other members of this community. Thank you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
hGEVE
Beginner

hi,

i have a dell precision t3420 with a free pcie x16. i'd like to know if i can plug a x540-t2 card with x8 in this place?

thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi hervé,

Thank you for the clarification. The X540-T2 supports x8 and x16 pcie-E slot

(page 4 at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ethernet-products/converged-network-adapters/ethernet-x540-t2-brief.html) , thus you can install the network adapter on the x16 slot, form factor wise the NIC is supported.

However, it is recommended to check with Dell support to ensure compatibility, the system

vendor is in best position to validate the compatibility of the network adapter on their system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
hGEVE
Beginner

thank you for your support

in which wholesaler I can find these cables: Intel QSFP+ with part number: XLDACBL3 (Twinaxial) et X4DACBL3 (Breakout)?

thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Hervé,

Glad to be of help. I am sorry I do not have information regarding the wholesaler that sells the cable, you may check with Intel authorized reseller which you can locate their contact information at http://locate.intel.com/. Select your country and enter the city to search for the reseller and contact them for product availability.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos