Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

X550-T2 PROSet Adaptor Configuration Utility & Windows 11

The_Moog
Beginner

I have several X550-T2 NIC's, and use the PROSet software to set Dynamic Link Aggregation up on them. This works great on Windows 10, and when I upgraded a system to Windows 11 this also worked fine.

When having to rebuild a system, I installed Windows 11 onto it, and although the Intel drivers work fine on Windows 11, the PROSet software will not install (complaining that I it is not compatible with the OS) meaning I can't set up Dynamic Link Aggregation. The only way to get around this is to first install Windows 10 on the system, install PROSet under Windows 10, and then upgrade the operating system to Windows 11.  This works fine, but isn't ideal.

The PROSet software obviously works on Windows 11 but will just not install on it, I presume due to a compatibility flag. Please can this be fixed so that I can use PROSet and set up Dynamic Link Aggregation under Windows 11?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

As per checking on our support article "Support Information for Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) on Microsoft Windows* 11", Intel PROSet and Intel ANS will not be supported on Microsoft Windows 11 or future Microsoft client operating system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

However we will try to further check on your case since you were able to manage to get it working by installing Win 10 and PROset then upgrading it to Win 11. We cannot make any guarantees for a fix however we will try to check with our engineers if the method that you have done can be an alternative fix for the issue. 

Please provide us some time to have this check, is it okay if we can provide an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
The_Moog
Beginner

Thanks for following up on this. It would seems that PROSet does 'work' on Windows 11, but just cannot be directly installed onto it.

If PROSet is no longer supported on Windows 11, how can I set up the X550-T2's Dynamic Link Aggregation functionality?

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

As per further checking on your concern, we do apologize however as much as we want to assist you, no additional feature such as PROSet and ANS will be available for Windows 11.

We are glad to hear that you have found a workaround that enables you to still use the PROSet feature however it is not recommended as we cannot validate its reliability as the configuration is not supported.

If you have questions or clarifications please let us know so we can further help.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
The_Moog
Beginner

Thanks for the confirmation,

Upgrading from Windows 10 with PROSet installed to Windows 11 does seem to work for now, but obviously isn't ideal in terms of time and effort, especially if this isn't recommended. 

So to answer my follow on question then, if the PROSet software is no longer supported on Microsoft's current version of Windows how can I set up Teaming and use the X550-T2's Dynamic Link Aggregation functionality in Windows 11?

This was one of the reasons for purchasing the X550-T2 and is the only reason I require PROSet software. Is there another way I can set up Teaming without PROSet (in the driver maybe?), or does this really useful functionality now broken?

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience as the Teaming feature is also no longer supported on Windows 11 since its part of the Intel PROSet and Intel ANS features. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

We do apologize if we can no longer provide further assistance on your concern however if you have other questions or concerns please let us know so we can further help.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
The_Moog
Beginner

Many thanks for the information,

It is obviously very disappointing to hear that significant feature of the X550-T2 under Windows 10 has been seemingly removed under Windows 11, especially as it does actually seem to work fine on W11  but the installer just won't let you natively install it. 

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

Thank you for responding and again we do apologize if we can no longer provide further assistance on your concern. If you have other questions or concerns please let us know so we can further help. If none please advise us if we can close the thread.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

Good day!

This is just a follow up tp check if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. If you do, feel free to let us know and we will be glad to check. Otherwise, please advise us if we can close the thread.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello The_Moog,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
gmit
Beginner

I would also like to know how can I setup the Dynamic Link Aggregation in Windows 11 for X550-T2 card...

0 Kudos