Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

X550-T2 low level firmware

yue3zhang
Employee

Hi,

I am wondering where can I download lower level firmware for X550 adapter. Since the intel.com website can only download upper than 1.86 version. I would like to download 1.21 version.

Thanks~

Yue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your query.

1.) PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. Please be reminded to only send the 6-3 digit number and not the whole Serial number to avoid exposing sensitive information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2.) We hope you don't mind sharing where did you learn the 1.21 version?

3.) What is the Operating System used? 

4.) Any specific reason why do you wish to download 1.21 version? 

5.) Can you also share the current firmware and driver version of your X550-T2?

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
yue3zhang
Employee

Hi Crisselle,

Sorry for delay reply. Responding to your questions as below;

1.) PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. Please be reminded to only send the 6-3 digit number and not the whole Serial number to avoid exposing sensitive information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products...

I am afraid I cannot get this so PBA number so fast. I will respond to your ASAP.

2.) We hope you don't mind sharing where did you learn the 1.21 version?

This version was told by a customer of mine. They are using 1.21 version on all X550 adapter in there data center.

3.) What is the Operating System used? 

The OS is CentOS 7.6

4.) Any specific reason why do you wish to download 1.21 version? 

They want to unify the FW version for all X550 following purchase.

5.) Can you also share the current firmware and driver version of your X550-T2?

The driver version is 5.1.0-k-rh7.6, ixgbe. FW version is 1.2177.0

Thanks for your quickly support!

Best regards,

Yue

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

How are you doing? 

This is just a follow up for the information we requested to be able to check your query. In case you need more time on this, please let us know and we will be glad to adjust our follow up date.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

No problem at all, appreciate your effort in sending the requested information.

We will patiently wait for the PBA of the adapter. If in case that you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) adapter, we may need to refer you to your manufacturer as the firmware from Intel website are intended for Retail adapters only. Your OEM might have customized firmware to adapt to the changes made on their NIC, thus they are in best position to provide the firmware so that you don’t lose features or customizations. 

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
yue3zhang
Employee

Got it!

The customer purchased whole server from OEM side. I think the adapter is OEM version. I guess I would suggest the customer to update with OEM FW.

Thanks for your support! 

Best regards,

Yue

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

You're welcome, glad to be of help.

If in case that you customer insist that the adapters are retail version, please let us know so we can send an email and request for the photos of the adapters to further check this with our engineers.

Let us know if you have questions and clarifications on this matter. In case none, kindly confirm if we can proceed closing this request. 

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if your client has raised this request to their manufacturer. We hope that this has been resolved on their end. In case you have additional assistance needed, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Should there be no response, We will follow up 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yue,

I hope you are doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos