Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

i210 DEV_OFF_N Enabling via iNVM

MZisw
Beginner

I managed to enable the DEV_OFF_N functionality by programming an additional double word to the iNVM but I am not quite sure whether I did it properly and we do have the latest eepromARMtool as well as iNVM setting files available.

Programming the following double word into iNVM enables DEV_OFF_N incl. IEEE PHY power down:

83003C19

Does that make sense at all?

Even though table 2-8 of the i210 data sheet on miscellaneous pins states DEV_OFF_N being an asynchronous pin it seems to require a full PCIe hardware reset as well to actually really power off. I guess that is just the way it is supposed to be, correct?

The eepromARMtool we have is version 0.6.7 and the iNVM setting files are the v0.6 ones.

Are those current?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Marcel_Ziswiler,

Thank you for posting at Wired Community. For programming on I210 ethernet controller, you need to contact Intel Field application engineer or the system vendor for them to better assist on this.

Rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
MZisw
Beginner

Thank you very much for the very helpful response. We used to have access through Intel Premier Support (e.g. see issue # 6000071494) however that system seems now dead.

I will try to go through Arrow again to get access to another Intel FAE which will hopefully be able to help us. And BTW we are the vendor and it is not that we do not know how to program iNVM after all we sold thousands of systems already.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marcel_Ziswiler,

Thank you very much for the update. For Intel premier support, please try access to this website for further support. I hope below link helps.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/access-and-login.html

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
MZisw
Beginner

Very well, thanks! Trying to log into premiersupport.intel.com with my existing credentials gives me the following:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marcel_Ziswiler,

Thank you for the update. You can contact mailto:smg.customer.support@intel.com smg.customer.support@intel.com which is the Intel premier support for login issue. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marcel_Ziswiler,

Please feel free to update me if you are able to contact Intel premier support already?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos