Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

i218-LM driver issue in MDT and WinPE deployment

PMauk
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy laptop with Intel i218-LM network adapter and having issues while WinPE tries to connect to network device.

Error message while WinPE: A connection to the deployment share could not be made. The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_833810F7&REV_03 -> Intel i218-LM

We are using Microsoft MDT with WinPE 4.0. I have injected latest drivers for the device from both manufacturer site as well as from Intel's to MDT selection profile.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25242/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7- Drivers: Intel® Download Center

Also I have updated deployment share and regenerated boot images.

Issue seems to be that there is no this SUBSYS_833810F7 mentioned in neither of the .inf files (Intel version: e1d6432.inf). Only the following devices and appendixes are mentioned:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_00008086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_00011179

With OEM image Windows seems to handle the device without SUBSYS_833810F7, but only with the first part PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2. This one can be found in the driver files, but WinPE doesn't seem to accept it?

Where I can find the correct WinPE driver to use or is there something else I could try?

Kind regards

Pasi

0 Kudos
7 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi pma_fi,

Thank you for the post. What is the brand and model of the laptop?

I will check on this.

rgds

wb

0 Kudos
PMauk
Beginner

Hello wb_Intel

and thank you for prompt reply. This laptop is Panasonic Toughbook CF-54 (model no CF-54B3481MN).

Same network device id on each I have checked so far despite model number. Other Panasonic models have been working fine so far.

bregs

Pasi

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Pasi,

Thank you for the info. Let me check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi pma_fi,

Good day. Further checking, we do not have the Win PE driver, it is recommended still to contact your system vendor (Panasonic*) for the drivers.

Here is one suggestion found on 3rd party website for your reference, however we do not guarantee 100% solution, we do not have control over the content of third party website

http://venusingireddy.blogspot.my/2015/03/intel-ethernet-connection-i218-lm.html http://venusingireddy.blogspot.my/2015/03/intel-ethernet-connection-i218-lm.html

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
PMauk
Beginner

Thanks,

I found that site also while investigating but without further help. And I have already added that mentioned .inf as it seems to be closest available.

Would there be any hope having this device id added also to Windows 7/8.1/10 drivers?

bregs

Pasi

0 Kudos
PMauk
Beginner

Thank you for your support.

I'll try to get a working driver from Panasonic.

0 Kudos