Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5163 Discussões

i218-LM driver issue in MDT and WinPE deployment

PMauk
Principiante
3.577 Visualizações

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy laptop with Intel i218-LM network adapter and having issues while WinPE tries to connect to network device.

Error message while WinPE: A connection to the deployment share could not be made. The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_833810F7&REV_03 -> Intel i218-LM

We are using Microsoft MDT with WinPE 4.0. I have injected latest drivers for the device from both manufacturer site as well as from Intel's to MDT selection profile.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25242/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7- Drivers: Intel® Download Center

Also I have updated deployment share and regenerated boot images.

Issue seems to be that there is no this SUBSYS_833810F7 mentioned in neither of the .inf files (Intel version: e1d6432.inf). Only the following devices and appendixes are mentioned:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_00008086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_00011179

With OEM image Windows seems to handle the device without SUBSYS_833810F7, but only with the first part PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2. This one can be found in the driver files, but WinPE doesn't seem to accept it?

Where I can find the correct WinPE driver to use or is there something else I could try?

Kind regards

Pasi

0 Kudos
7 Respostas
st4
Novo colaborador III
2.006 Visualizações

Hi pma_fi,

Thank you for the post. What is the brand and model of the laptop?

I will check on this.

rgds

wb

PMauk
Principiante
2.006 Visualizações

Hello wb_Intel

and thank you for prompt reply. This laptop is Panasonic Toughbook CF-54 (model no CF-54B3481MN).

Same network device id on each I have checked so far despite model number. Other Panasonic models have been working fine so far.

bregs

Pasi

st4
Novo colaborador III
2.006 Visualizações

Hi Pasi,

Thank you for the info. Let me check on this.

rgds,

wb

st4
Novo colaborador III
2.006 Visualizações

Hi pma_fi,

Good day. Further checking, we do not have the Win PE driver, it is recommended still to contact your system vendor (Panasonic*) for the drivers.

Here is one suggestion found on 3rd party website for your reference, however we do not guarantee 100% solution, we do not have control over the content of third party website

http://venusingireddy.blogspot.my/2015/03/intel-ethernet-connection-i218-lm.html http://venusingireddy.blogspot.my/2015/03/intel-ethernet-connection-i218-lm.html

Thanks,

wb

PMauk
Principiante
2.006 Visualizações

Thanks,

I found that site also while investigating but without further help. And I have already added that mentioned .inf as it seems to be closest available.

Would there be any hope having this device id added also to Windows 7/8.1/10 drivers?

bregs

Pasi

PMauk
Principiante
2.006 Visualizações

Thank you for your support.

I'll try to get a working driver from Panasonic.

Responder