Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5136 Discussions

intel PCIe ethernet adaptor for desktop

olegeezer
Beginner

Hello. I have a Asus Maximus XIII Hero motherboard and currently I have the intel X550-T2L ethernet card. I am considering upgrading to a better ethernet card for better speed. What would you suggest?  My operating system is Windows 11 64bit.  My wife has been experiencing a drop in internet speed and is not happy with the performance. I have 1Gb Comcast internet service. I have Netgear CM 2000 modem and Netgear RAX120 router.  Both are performing as they should and on my ROG Stryx Scar Edition Asus laptop, I maintain speeds above 900Mbps. But my wife's desktop Maximus XIII Hero has trouble maintaining above 900Mbps.  In her bios, I have it set to XMP and overclocked to 51%. She also has wifi 6, 6E.  She should be flying with the1Gb internet speed but it is constantly dropping into the 700s and 800s instead of above 900Mbps like my older laptop with AC9560 delivers via ethernet cable.  Is ther any of you out there who knows what you are talking about who can give some good advice or suggest a better upgrade PCIe ethernet adaptor?  I have run all kinds of diagnostics on her hardware, memory, cpu and everything passes in flying colors.  Benchmarks are great. So why am I not getting above 900Mbps with my X550-T2L adaptor??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello olegeezer,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe X550-T2L?
  2. If yes, can you send photos of the unit on both sides for me to check if the unit is an OEM network card?
  3. Can you send the link of your latest network driver?
  4. is it working fine before?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello olegeezer,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello olegeezer,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos