Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5000 Discussions

intel ethernet controller I226-V network issue

rem_7
Beginner

Hi all,

I recently got a new pc, when gaming I get severe network lag and drops.

After research online I can see this ethernet controller has issues?

when using any other device on the network the speeds are normal, also using wifi controller on the computer the speeds are normal, but ethernet big problems.

I have tried everything suggested online and nothing has worked.

I want to ask if intel will be fixing this as currently for gamers this is completely unplayable?

I have the latest drivers as suggested by intel, downloaded and updated to version 29.1.1.1

I have EEE off, I have tried speed & duplex to 1gb and 2.5gb and auto. nothing works.

What is the next steps? is there a new driver, any step by step guide that is proven to work?

Thank you

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hey @rem_7 , just wanted to confirm with you that Intel I226-V is built-in with mother board is it?

If yes, what is the model?

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

Hey, thanks for your reply, it is yes. Motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-I

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Could you please confirm if Intel I226-V is built-in with mother board.

If yes, kindly share the system details.

If you have any further queries, kindly reach out to us we are happy to help you.​

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

Hello, yes the Intel I226-V is on motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-I

CPU I-713700KF

Memory 64GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU - 850W Corsair RM series Gold

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for the confirmation.

We would like to know if you have contacted the ASUS team for assistance, as the motherboard is from ASUS. We kindly request you to reach out to the ASUS team for further assistance, as they may have separate drivers and software for the controller.

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

I have used both ASUS drivers and Intel drivers. issue still persists

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your response. However, I would like to know a few details from you.

Could you please confirm what type of system you are using: laptop, desktop, or server?

What operating system (OS) is installed on the system?

Since when have you been facing the issue?

Have you made any changes to the system that might have caused the issue?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own after the issue occurred?

If the system is running Windows 10 or 11, are there any pending updates?

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

Hello, Please see below:

Could you please confirm what type of system you are using: laptop, desktop, or server?

Desktop

What operating system (OS) is installed on the system?

Windows 11 64bit

Since when have you been facing the issue?

New PC, issue always there.

Have you made any changes to the system that might have caused the issue?

None.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own after the issue occurred?

I have tried all troubleshooting steps advised on Intel forums, none work.

If the system is running Windows 10 or 11, are there any pending updates?

Windows 11 64bit, all up to date, no outstanding updates. Everything is up to date.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your response. We kindly request that you allow us some time to check the details and provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your patience while we investigated the issue. We kindly request that you uninstall the driver, reboot the system, and then reinstall the driver.

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

Hello,

I have done this, it does not work.

I have followed every suggestion from Intel and other users on the forums and nothing has worked.

Will Intel be releasing new drivers to fix this?

At the moment I have purchased a new PC for gaming (very expensive)

And the Intel I226-v ethernet and intel Wifi 6E AX211 has severe network issues meaning my pc is useless for its purpose.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your response. As you mentioned it is a new PC and you have already attempted all possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we would suggest contacting the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for further assistance as the issue persist since the start.

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
rem_7
Beginner

Hello,

The issue is with the intel hardware and software, not the motherboard manufacturer.

Anyone who reads this, I wasted hours and hours trying everything suggested online, nothing works.

The solution, unfortunately, is to purchase a usb network adapter.

0 Kudos
RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hi @rem_7 just wondering if managed to engage Asus support for this.

I went through in ASUS web and many people face the same issue. Have you try below driver:
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/downloads-for-motherboards/drivers-intel-ethernet-wifi-bluetooth/td-p/878985

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-motherboards/asus-rog-strix-z790-i-network-issue-intel-ethernet-controller/td-p/1023795

In Intel web also got article related to NVM, and this one need Asus support as firmware built-in from Asus is not same with Intel firmware. (this one i225-v)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Hope this may help....

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your response. However, The I225-V is a controller which is embedded on the motherboard. We recommend contacting OEM (ASUS) for a software driver version that is compatible with your exact firmware version. Using software and firmware versions that have not been validated to work together may affect performance, feature availability, and system stability. The OEM will be best equipped to provide support and address any concerns related to the product's technical support.

Kindly look into the link below from ASUS, which states that the firmware supported by ASUS is not the same as the Intel firmware.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Feel free to reply, if you have any further questions or need assistance. We're here to help.

Regards,

Amina

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings from Intel!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue you reported to us.

Issue: Intel ethernet controller I226-V network issue

We are following up to find out if you were able to perform our POA which was shared previously. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.  

Regards,  

Amina

Intel Server Support  

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello rem_7,

Greetings from Intel!

This is the third follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're committed to ensuring a swift resolution and would greatly appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

If we don't hear back from you soon, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and will proceed to close the case.

Please feel free to respond to this email at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Amina 

0 Kudos