Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

need drivers for some discontinued NIC (for Windows XP 32 bit)

SPavl
Beginner

Dear Friends,

Please help me with native driver for Windows XP 32 bit (not for 64 bit!) for one Intel network chip (discontinued).

Intel 82579LM (wired gigabit NIC)

also me need native driver for Windows XP 32 bit ˜(not for 64 bit!) for wireless chip (discontinued):

Intel Centurion Advanced-N 6205 (WiFi chip)

Yes, i understand what these device are discontinued but in any case i'm need of these drivers.

I had read what Intel has delete drivers for discontinued NICs for some reason. I will not have any claims to Intel and not to all, me need drivers.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Sergey

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but these are, as you know, discontinued.

And, XP has not been supported since April 2014. Time for you to move to a modern, supported platform.

Just an opinion...

Doc

0 Kudos
SPavl
Beginner

Thanks You for reply but i very hope for helping by Intel or Friends here ...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Does your motherboard manufacturer have drivers for windows xp?

Doc

0 Kudos
SPavl
Beginner

Many be some peoples here are known the true Intel e-mail address for technical support? If YES, give me please.... (i think what it is not mailto:support@intel.com support@intel.com), may be anybody known the concrete person from Intel...?

I will ask for these drivers from Intel support (without any warranty and claims).

Me need of these drivers ...

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no support for discontinued products. Try your motherboard manufacturer.

Also, as I suggested, it is time for you to break your XP habit and move to a platform that is supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
SPavl
Beginner

It is Dell Latitude 6320. On Intel site is many drivers but i not found the true drivers for these NICs especially for Win XP 32 bit. For another system - no problems.

PS. For some tasks me need the Windows XP 32 bit. At now it is problem ...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Software for XP that has not been updated at this point, is ridiculous.

Good luck.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sergey7084,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. You can find the drivers for the Ethernet adapter in the following https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18717/Network-Adapter-Drivers-for-Windows-XP-Final-Release link. For the wireless adapter Intel does not offer a driver at this time. Please contact the manufacturer of your system for wireless drivers. Refer to the following https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030083/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html statement for details. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sergey7084,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. You can find the drivers for the Ethernet adapter in the following https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18717/Network-Adapter-Drivers-for-Windows-XP-Final-Release link. For the wireless adapter Intel does not offer a driver at this time. Please contact the manufacturer of your system for wireless drivers. Refer to the following https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030083/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html statement for details. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sergey7084,

Were you able to update the Ethernet drivers using the link provided? Please check with the board manufacturer for the wireless driver. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sergey7084,

Please let us know if you were able to resolve this issue with the provided link. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos