Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4907 Discussions

redhat rhel 8.6 EUS - missing in support matrix

Vincococka
Novice

Dear friends,

while looking on Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters  there is a following table:

intel-ethernet-missing-rhel86.png

RHEL 8.6 is not mentioned in previous matrix despite RedHat is still supporting it till ~2Q 2024.

What about RedHat 8.6 when we are using "Extended User support" repositories ?

Is it supported?

Is it tested?

Will be somebody @intel testing drivers against RHEL 8.6 EUS kernel till it's supported by RedHat ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

The latest update from the next level team confirms that RHEL 8.6 is supported. However, a mistake has been detected in the Release Notes, which will be addressed in the upcoming release. Additionally, the Support Matrix will be updated accordingly to ensure that all changes are accurately represented.

Kindly let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Irwan_Intel

Dear Vincococka,

Thank you for your post on the Intel Ethernet Communities forum.

Regarding the retail Intel Ethernet Adapter as mentioned in the table, the current latest driver version 28.0 supports and has been tested for RHEL 9.7 and 8.7 for the E800 Series, . However, while RHEL 8.5 and earlier versions are also supported in version 28.0, they have not been tested by Intel. Customers may try testing these versions on their own.

Moreover, RHEL 8.6 is supported on driver version 27.5 and above. You can find further details in the product release notes, which are available at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057110/ethernet-products.html

For more information on Linux kernel drivers, you can refer to the Intel® Ethernet Drivers and Utilities SourceForge project page, which is accessible via this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/

Please let us know if you have further questions or concern.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on your inquiry regarding the RHEL 8.6 EUS missing in support matrix.

If you have any further questions or concerns about the previous post, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

I'm following up on your inquiry about the missing RHEL 8.6 EUS in the support matrix. Have you had a chance to review our previous message? If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Vincococka
Novice

Dear Irwan,

thanks a lot for providing info regarding RHEL 8.6.

My question was primarily targeted towards possibility of the support for RHEL "long-term" releases by Intel engineers as they know their HW best.

For some systems it's critical to have updated/fixed drivers, but customer can't / doesn't want to update their systems to latest version of RHEL.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

Regarding your inquiry about support for RHEL long-term releases, we're currently checking with our next level for the information and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we do so.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

The latest update from the next level team confirms that RHEL 8.6 is supported. However, a mistake has been detected in the Release Notes, which will be addressed in the upcoming release. Additionally, the Support Matrix will be updated accordingly to ensure that all changes are accurately represented.

Kindly let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Vincococka,

I hope this message finds you well.

I would like to follow up with you regarding your issue if you have any further questions or concerns that require our attention. Otherwise, I will proceed to close this ticket.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Vincococka
Novice

Thanks a lot for letting us know that RHEL8 EUS releases will be considered / supported in the future.

0 Kudos