FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

8b/10b in altgx

vkc
Beginner

Hello, i am using 8b/10b encoding scheme and while configuring altgx i have set the word alignment pattern to 0010111100 (k28.5), so when tx_digitalreset is asserted i have made tx_ctrlenable to "1111" and when it is deasserted i have made tx_ctrlenable as "0000" and i have sent the Align primitive(7B4A4ABC)  from the transmitter but at the reciever i am getting the incorrect data out.

Do i need to change the tx_ctrlenable while sending the align primitive(7B4A4ABC) since the LSB is BC.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

What device you are using? You probably can refer to Figure 1-6 to work with 8 bits data first.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-iv/cyiv-52001.pd...

Regards -SK

SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.