FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5744 Discussions

S-10 Transceiver IO Terminations

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using stratix 10 SoC dev kit with Transceivers with 10Gbps speed. 

There, I want to use External termination for the transceiver receiver pins. As per the L tile user guide, we can set r_unused option in the native PHY.[Table 23. RX Analog PMA Settings Options]

I checked setting the same in Native PHY, the error message is listed saying that r_unused as invalid. What is the procedure to set external termination for receiver pins?

Also, I checked with "set_instance_assignment " commands & seeing no impact on these commands.

set_instance_assignment -name HSSI_PARAMETER "pma_rx_buf_term_sel= r_unused" -to AH45

set_instance_assignment -name HSSI_PARAMETER pma_rx_buf_term_sel= r_unused -to AL43

HBhat2-GRL_0-1608268848613.png

With Regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Quick update.

Quartus tool is ignoring the "set_instance_assignment " constraints in the QSF file.

"Warning(332145): Command "set_instance_assignment" found in SDC file is not a proper SDC command and is being ignored "

With regards,

HPB

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Can you please try on pin planner 

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I missed this option. Will try & update.

With Regards,

HPB