FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

A bug of LUT component?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Platform: xp + dsp builder 9.1 sp2 + matlab R2010a 

The LUT component works well in simulink. When I generate VHDL files and use them in Quartus, its instance outputs only the first value, but never changes when the address input changes. 

I check the VHDL file, and find that a SCLR input linked to OPEN. But there is no options related to SCLR in simulink. I manually link SCLR with the same wire linked to ACLR. Then the LUT works. 

Is this a bug, or my improper usage of this component? 

My problem is that I have to modify code for every instance of LUT, every time I update MDL and autogenerated VHDL files.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i've seen this or something similar before. i'm fairly certain its fixed in newer versions 

try using the ROM block instead of the LUT. i don't think it had that problem 

i think the problem has to do with the output register of the LUT. try disabling it and using an external delay if the ROM doesn't work 

for future reference i think a couple of other blocks had problems with the output register so if your hardware doesn't match Simulink either update to recent software or take a look at post-fit netlists to see if you can see the register disappearing