FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

AES3/EBU Reference design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am looking for the code for the AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369. I've searched the Altera site but can only find the application note, not the code. 

Any suggestions on where I can find it? 

Thanks 

bb
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To answer my own post, raise a SR and Altera send it. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am looking for the code for the AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369. I've searched the Altera site but can only find the application note, not the code. 

Any suggestions on where I can find it? 

Thanks 

bb 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

To answer my own post, raise a SR and Altera send it. 

--- Quote End ---  

Did You really get the code? If not under NDA, please share! 

I have a printed version of AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369, but now it is totally removed from Altera website...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did You really get the code? If not under NDA, please share! 

I have a printed version of AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369, but now it is totally removed from Altera website... 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I really did get the code but I believe it was covered by an NDA. Submit a support request to altera and see what they offer.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is Your experience with AES3/EBU reference design? Is it in "workable" condition and worth looking into? 

BTW, do You have any experience with Altera Audio Emded IP core to embed AES3/EBU extracted from HDMI into BT1120 HD video stream?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What is Your experience with AES3/EBU reference design? Is it in "workable" condition and worth looking into? 

BTW, do You have any experience with Altera Audio Emded IP core to embed AES3/EBU extracted from HDMI into BT1120 HD video stream? 

--- Quote End ---  

In the end we didn't use it, we wrote our own. If I recall correctly the design was in a workable condition, it just didn't fit with the clock resources that we had available. 

Sorry, no experience of the IP core you mention.
0 Kudos