FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

AES3/EBU Reference design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am looking for the code for the AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369. I've searched the Altera site but can only find the application note, not the code. 

Any suggestions on where I can find it? 

Thanks 

bb
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To answer my own post, raise a SR and Altera send it. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am looking for the code for the AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369. I've searched the Altera site but can only find the application note, not the code. 

Any suggestions on where I can find it? 

Thanks 

bb 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

To answer my own post, raise a SR and Altera send it. 

--- Quote End ---  

Did You really get the code? If not under NDA, please share! 

I have a printed version of AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369, but now it is totally removed from Altera website...
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did You really get the code? If not under NDA, please share! 

I have a printed version of AES3/EBU reference design described in AN369, but now it is totally removed from Altera website... 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I really did get the code but I believe it was covered by an NDA. Submit a support request to altera and see what they offer.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is Your experience with AES3/EBU reference design? Is it in "workable" condition and worth looking into? 

BTW, do You have any experience with Altera Audio Emded IP core to embed AES3/EBU extracted from HDMI into BT1120 HD video stream?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What is Your experience with AES3/EBU reference design? Is it in "workable" condition and worth looking into? 

BTW, do You have any experience with Altera Audio Emded IP core to embed AES3/EBU extracted from HDMI into BT1120 HD video stream? 

--- Quote End ---  

In the end we didn't use it, we wrote our own. If I recall correctly the design was in a workable condition, it just didn't fit with the clock resources that we had available. 

Sorry, no experience of the IP core you mention.