FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

ALTFP_MULT issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having some trouble with ALTFP_MULT. Ran Megawizard to add ALTFP_MULT to my project and created an instance in my top level module. When I try to synthesize it I am getting the following errors from db/altfp_mult_gpf.tdf: 

error (287127): text design file syntax error: text design file contains a symbolic name where assert, constant, define, design, function, options, parameters, subdesign, or title was expected 

error (287129): text design file syntax error: expected letter, digit, slash (/), dash (-), or underscore (_) in quoted symbolic name 

error (287129): text design file syntax error: expected letter, digit, slash (/), dash (-), or underscore (_) in quoted symbolic name 

I tried generating the IP in both Verilog and VHDL and tried instantiating it in a Verilog module and in a Schematic based module, all resulted the same error. I even tried creating a new project that contained nothing else, just the ALTFP_MULT instance, same error. I am using Quartus II 14.1 Web and targeting a Cyclone V SX. 

Any idea what is causing these errors? Also, can somebody tell me what is the difference between ALTFP_MULT and ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS (other than the fact that the second includes several arithmetic functions)?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm getting the same issue. Any luck fixing this issue?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is suggested to use ALTERA_FP_FUNCTIONS. This is newer megafucntion for supporting the floating point.