FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Advice and examples for Interlaken protocol

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

I would like some clarifications about Interlaken implementation on Altera/Intel FPGA. 

I need to implement a single lane communication between two FPGAs on StratixV/ArriaV-GZ at 10-12.5 Gbps and I need a backpressure/flow control system. 

Is there any better choice than Interlaken? in my case I am force to use v1, because v2 has min 4 lanes. 

Reading the documentation I understand that the PHY is controlled and monitor through Avalon-MM, but Interlaken IP v1 is not available anymore on Platform Designer/Qsys.  

Is there any way to use the old Interlaken IP created by Quartus inside a qsys project? 

I have already tried the basic examples, but without luck. Some are without an Avalon interface, so they cannot be monitored easily by the Transceiveir toolkit. I believed that an avalon interface was mandatory. Instead I found one example w/o that .  

Do you have any additional example that I can try to resue/adapt? 

Many thanks for your time, 

Riccardo
0 Kudos
0 Replies