FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Audio Extract MegaCore

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

we are planning to buy Audio Extract core for audio extraction from SDI signal. The datasheet says, that the output is 12S/AES. Is there a mistake and it is possible to get I2S audio output, because it is exactly what we need. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is it possible to access Altera Audio Embed IP and Altera Audio Extract IP registers via NIOS II ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is it possible to use 8-bit video stream [15..0] instead of 10-bit video stream [19..0] with Altera Audio Embed IP and Altera Audio Extract IP ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can write your own. We did so.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Now I am testing Altera SDI Audio Embedder / Extractor IP Cores in a custom board. 

First of all I started testing "AES Input Module" with SignalTapII. 

This is how this "AES Input Module" is described in Serial Digital Interface (SDI) MegaCore Function User Guide: 

the aes input module converts the aes signal to aud_de, aud_ws, and aud_data 

(internal aes) signals to interface with audio embed p1. when this module interfaces 

with the audio embed megacore function, both must use the same clock. 

What is really internal AES? 

Apparently AES Input Module does BPM decoding, but aud_ws, that it produces is very far below of expected 48kHz. 

Aud_data also looks very suspicious. :( 

It seems to be useless to go any further if the first thing fails even before starting Altera SDI Audio Embedder itself.  

Who had any experience with Altera SDI Audio Embedder in general and with AES Input Module in particular, please reply.
0 Kudos