FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

CVI and vid_datavalid at separate syncs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all of you, 

I#m trying to bring up a self-made board. 

I have an Cyclone IV E. 

The FPGA is used only for Chroma Resampling from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2. 

At the moment I try to use an TestPattern-Generator and a VCO, thix block is connesctet to a Block with Input-->FrameBuffer-->FIFO--> Output. 

The TPG-Block and the Input are with separate wires, the Output from the Frame-Buffer-Block is with embedded Signals. This worked fine when I cannect the vid_datavali-Siganl from the TPG-Block with the vid_datavalid from the Input. 

BUT in my design I don't have a datavalidsignal or something like this. 

I know, when I use embedded Signals at my Input I can tie the datavali to Vcc but I need to use separate wires. :) 

Does anybody have an Idea how I can solve the Problem? How can I genarate a stabile datavalid-Signal for my Input. I think I have to toggle the Signal on the frame. But I have different frames and I need to use it with all SDI frames (1080i, 1080p, 720i...). 

I hope you can help me. 

Anja
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hy Anja, 

Try this: data_valid <= '0' when ((H = '1') or (V = '1')) else '1';
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. 

I put a NOR-Logic inside, and it works fine for progressive Signals but not for interlace Signals.  

Any Ideas for interlace Signals? 

Thanks 

Anja
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all, I got a working solution which maybe is interessting for somebody. 

I selectet the incoming Video Data-Siganls and put it on an OR-Logic the I putvthe Output of the OR-Logic to the vid_datavalid input. It works for all Signals, because I have only a Signal if one of the datasignals is available.