FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Cannot compile FIR II IP in Quartus 19.3

RDC
Beginner

Hi, 

I generated a decimator using FIR II IP in Quartus Prime Pro 19.3.

Simulation is OK using Modelsim.

However when I include the FIR II IP in my project and  click "Start Analysis & Elaboration" in Quartus 19.3, some error occurs :    

Instance "xxxxxxxxxxx|xxxx.hpfircore_core" instantiates undefined entity "xxxxxxxx_rtl_core"

It's a bit like the error in the following page, 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/spr369493.html

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you observe some compilation issue with FIR II IP in Q19.3Pro. For your information, I have created a simple test design with FIR II IP (Decimator) and able to pass the Q19.4Pro compilation. Note that I only have Q19.4Pro installed in my PC.

Attached is the QAR for your reference.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,
Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RDC
Beginner

Hi, thanks for the following up. The problem remain unsolved.

Sorry that I should have described my problem more clearly.

My situation is that my original project has two FIR IPs, one for Low pass filter and one for decimator.

This project can be synthesized, fit, place & route successfully.

And the function works fine.

When I want to add one more decimator to this project, or more FIRs into this project.

Some error occurs during Analysis and Elaboration. 

Like:

Instance "dl_data_top|dl_data_path_ant1|dl_rf_intf|fir_ul_q|fir_compiler_ii_0|fir_deci_2_altera_fir_compiler_ii_191_t3vwpwy_ast_inst|real_passthrough.hpfircore_core" instantiates undefined entity "fir_deci_2_altera_fir_compiler_ii_191_t3vwpwy_rtl_core"

If I click the Hierarchy, then it did show Can't find design entity "real_passthrough.hpfircore_core"

Hierarchy.PNG

But when I click the File, the file "fir_deci_2_altera_fir_compiler_ii_191_t3vwpwy_rtl_core.vhd" does exist

file.PNG

Not sure if this issue related to 

Why Analysis and Synthesis fails when using multiple variation of same DSP IP core

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/fb331705.html

or

Quartus Compilation Fails in Quartus Prime Pro For Designs with Multiple SerialLite III IP Core Instances

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd10082012_901.html

The error message is similar to the multiple SerialLite III IP Core.

Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
RDC
Beginner

Hi,

Just offering some additional snapshot for comparison.

Here is the FIR IP in the original project which can be synthesised, where the "real_passthrough.hpfircore_core" in this FIR IP is defined.

original Hierarchy.PNG

When I add new FIR IP, error message occurs as the previous post. 

And the "real_passthrough.hpfircore_core" in the new FIR IP is undefined.

Not sure if I need additional setting for IPs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. For your information, I have created simple test design with 3 FIR decimators. 2 are instantiated from the same HDL files. 1 is with different HDL files. Seems like there is no issue running the compilation till Fitter. I am using Q19.4Pro and S10 devices as these are currently available in my local PC.

You may refer to see if can spot any anomaly with yours. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos