FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6353 Discussions

Cannot simulate IP Core: "altera_s10fpdsp_block_191" in "ModelSim - INTEL FPGA STARTER EDITION 10.6d" Error message: Instantiation of 'fourteennm_fp_mac' failed. The design unit was not found.

MBraa3
Beginner

I'm currently working on a design where two floating point numbers are multiplied on a Intel Stratix 10mx board. I use the Quartus Prime 19.2.0 software.

I use the IP Core called "Native Floating Point DSP Intel Stratix " to utilize the Floating Point DSP block. The flow summery report shows that the DSP is utilized.

I use the "Generate Simulator Setup Script For IP" tool in Quartus to export the simulation files for ModelSim. When I run the simulation script in ModelSim it fails with the following error message:

"# ** Error: (vsim-3033) IP_CORE/FLOATMULT/altera_s10fpdsp_block_191/sim/FLOATMULT_altera_s10fpdsp_block_191_tyeomfq.sv(34): Instantiation of 'fourteennm_fp_mac' failed. The design unit was not found."

FLOATMULT is the name which I gave the IP Core.

I have included the library of the IP core. The following is the libraries which I have included:

"library IEEE;

use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;

use IEEE.numeric_std.all;

library altera_s10fpdsp_block_191;

use altera_s10fpdsp_block_191.all; 

library work;

use work.types.all;"

I have searched for solutions, but have not been able to find one. ModelSIm was installed together with Quartus hence I expect the libraries to be up to date.

Does anyone have an idea of what is failing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MBraa3
Beginner

I have now solved the issue.

In the simulaion.do file I added the following command when running the simulation:

vsim -L altera_s10fpdsp_block_191 -L fourteennm -t ns testbench

The fourteennm library was not loaded during the simulation which caused the error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MBraa3
Beginner

I have now solved the issue.

In the simulaion.do file I added the following command when running the simulation:

vsim -L altera_s10fpdsp_block_191 -L fourteennm -t ns testbench

The fourteennm library was not loaded during the simulation which caused the error.

0 Kudos