FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5741 Discussions

Cannot simulate IP Core: "altera_s10fpdsp_block_191" in "ModelSim - INTEL FPGA STARTER EDITION 10.6d" Error message: Instantiation of 'fourteennm_fp_mac' failed. The design unit was not found.

MBraa3
Beginner

I'm currently working on a design where two floating point numbers are multiplied on a Intel Stratix 10mx board. I use the Quartus Prime 19.2.0 software.

I use the IP Core called "Native Floating Point DSP Intel Stratix " to utilize the Floating Point DSP block. The flow summery report shows that the DSP is utilized.

I use the "Generate Simulator Setup Script For IP" tool in Quartus to export the simulation files for ModelSim. When I run the simulation script in ModelSim it fails with the following error message:

"# ** Error: (vsim-3033) IP_CORE/FLOATMULT/altera_s10fpdsp_block_191/sim/FLOATMULT_altera_s10fpdsp_block_191_tyeomfq.sv(34): Instantiation of 'fourteennm_fp_mac' failed. The design unit was not found."

FLOATMULT is the name which I gave the IP Core.

I have included the library of the IP core. The following is the libraries which I have included:

"library IEEE;

use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;

use IEEE.numeric_std.all;

library altera_s10fpdsp_block_191;

use altera_s10fpdsp_block_191.all; 

library work;

use work.types.all;"

I have searched for solutions, but have not been able to find one. ModelSIm was installed together with Quartus hence I expect the libraries to be up to date.

Does anyone have an idea of what is failing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MBraa3
Beginner

I have now solved the issue.

In the simulaion.do file I added the following command when running the simulation:

vsim -L altera_s10fpdsp_block_191 -L fourteennm -t ns testbench

The fourteennm library was not loaded during the simulation which caused the error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MBraa3
Beginner

I have now solved the issue.

In the simulaion.do file I added the following command when running the simulation:

vsim -L altera_s10fpdsp_block_191 -L fourteennm -t ns testbench

The fourteennm library was not loaded during the simulation which caused the error.

View solution in original post