FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Compiling Encrypted Design Files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm attempting to compile the Megacore Triple Speed Ethernet module for sumulation using Active HDL. I want to compile the library files into a resource library and attach that to my simulation. However, the sources are encrypted, and the tool bombs out. How do you all handle that issue? I've been searching for a couple days. I'm also in communication with Aldec about this, but progress has been slow. I can't believe I can't find a published solution:evil: 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you notice the eda tab in the MegaWizard for TSE? It's about your problem.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your response. I tried the EDA tab, but got this message: 

--- Quote Start ---  

Error: Ethernet HDL generation failed. 

Info: ethernet: IP Functional simulation Model Creation Failed. The following error was returned. 

--- Quote End ---  

I guess I don't have the required simulation libraries.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

O.K., possibly something is missing. However, there's no other way for functional simulation of the encrypted cores than using the special simulation libraries. I don't use TSE and don't know about possible general issues, but it works well with other cores.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks again. Something is definitely missing. I'm researching it now. I'll upudate when I have a solution.

0 Kudos