FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Constraints warning from async_clock_corsser

JHaye4
New Contributor I

I am using a QSYS in my design and get the following warnings when compiling. I am instantiating a clock, constraining it correctly, and feeding it to the QSYS so I'm not sure what is going on.

Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_003|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_data_toggle_flopped}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_003|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_to_in_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_004|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_data_toggle_flopped}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_004|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_to_in_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_002|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_data_toggle}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_002|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_to_out_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_005|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_data_toggle_flopped}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_005|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_to_in_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_data_toggle}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_to_out_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_001|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_data_toggle}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_001|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|in_to_out_synchronizer|din_s1}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {*altera_avalon_st_clock_crosser:*|in_data_buffer*}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_data_buffer*}]". This assignment will be ignored. 
Warning(17897): No destination clock period was found satisfying the set_net_delay assignment from "[get_registers {*altera_avalon_st_clock_crosser:*|in_data_buffer*}]" to "[get_registers {i_sys_f1_wrap|i_sys_f1|mm_interconnect_1|crosser_002|async_clock_crosser.clock_xer|out_data_buffer*}]". This assignment will be ignored. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi James,

I received the feedback from engineering. These warnings can be safely ignored. You may also use the sdc that I emailed to you to fix the warning.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

View solution in original post

9 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Which software edition (Pro/Standard) and version you are using? Could you share the design and steps to reproduce the error?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
JHaye4
New Contributor I

I am using Quartus Pro 19.4. I have attached my qsys design that is in question.

I made sure to connect the inputs and outputs of the Qsys to pins in my top level module so that they are not synthesised away, all clock pins are being driven correctly. There is no real further logic in my top level module so I have not included it.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Error below occurred during QSYS HDL generation.

Error: sys_f1_amm_conduit_fl_24b_0.amm_conduit_fl_24b_0: Component amm_conduit_fl_24b 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated

Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 5 Warnings

Error: sys_f1_amm_conduit_fl_24b_0.amm_conduit_fl_24b_0: Component amm_conduit_fl_24b 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated

Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 5 Warnings

Besides this, the warning in the description indicates that there is no valid clocks found between the given points. You have to verify that there is a valid clock between the from and to collection.

I can help you to check if you could provide the full design QAR. To generate QAR file, click on Project > Archive Project > Archive

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
JHaye4
New Contributor I

Sorry for that, I have removed that specific IP from the QSYS as it is not related to the issue I'm having.

I have attached my QAR as requested, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the design. Please allow me some time to look into this.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

JHaye4
New Contributor I

Did you have any luck?

Thank you very much,
James

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi James,

I can reproduce the warning and I filed a case to our engineering team for investigation. However, I have yet to receive the reply from the team. I shall come back to you once I receive the feedback from the team.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi James,

I received the feedback from engineering. These warnings can be safely ignored. You may also use the sdc that I emailed to you to fix the warning.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

JayHarikumaran

Hello KhaiY,

I am also receiving the same error as listed in the original post. I am using quartus prime lite 21.1. Could I ignore these warnings and assume that the constraint is actually implemented in the timing based compilation?

Regards

Jay

0 Kudos