FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Counterfeit Components and Authorized Distributor's

mmcke12
Beginner

I was looking an Altera CPLD this morning and I came across an advertisement for someone claiming to be an authorized distributor of Intel/Altera.  Can you please verify if this is information is accurate?  The company name is Direct Components Inc and they’re in Tampa, Florida.  I don’t see them listed on ECIA and they have some negative marks on their GIDEP report. I’ve heard horror stories about dealing with the “grey market.” and apparently this company is selling remarked and used parts as brand new.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

For Intel Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers for your area, please refer the link below,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
mmcke12
Beginner

Vicky,

These for the feedback. The first company listed as an Authorized Distributor for Intel/Altera when doing a Google search is Direct Components.(DCI). If they are not supported by Intel and are supplying fraudulent material, why would Intel NOT intervene as they are misrepresenting Intel ?

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.My request is, you can follow the link provided in my previous post for the Intel Authorized Distributors, rest of the things will be taken care by Intel Authorized team.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos