FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Create a DDR3 memory through ALTMEMPHY wizard

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good Day everyone! 

I have a troubles in understanding how to create a megacore DDR3 which must be based on ARRIAIIGX family's IC! I plan to use a memory like MT41J64M16JT-15E (2*x16bits) & EP2AGX65DF25C5 FPGA. 

I'm sure that is this forum have someone who can help & explain how to create without a mistakes "step-by-step":) 

Best Regards, 

Roman.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So there are no examples for Arria II GX board? These are the best references.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the answer, Dear Socrates! 

Yes of course, Altera has the best on-line tranings & I like that! But most of examples based on UniPhy ... I must use the ALTMEMPHY! Besides the traning http://www.altera.com/education/training/courses/omem1110 based on UniPhy & therefore there are not so full-valued for me! 

Also I would be glad if you explain me how to place x32 DDR3 on the 3A,4A or 7A, 8A banks of EP2AGX65DF25C5? 

I tried to create the same project like this, but unfortunately I got a mistakes, I supose that I'm doing something wrong ... 

Best Regards, 

Roman.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 memory devices has to be interfaced to special (dedicated) FPGA pins. Run Pin Planner and enable showing of DQ/DQS groups - You'll see which pins can be used as data pins, which pins must be DQS, etc... Also some banks are capable of faster rates, some are not, but I am not sure about Arria II, since I use Cyclone III.

0 Kudos