FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

DDR2 HPC II, automatic load of ..._example_top.sdc?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I recently switched to Quartus II 10.0 and the DDR2 HPC II. I compiled the DDR2 controller, but am using my own toplevel. The example driver is currently not used (I'm using an own test stimulus unit), however occuring in file list. 

Now, in the processing log, I get the following message: 

Info: Reading SDC File: '../core_lib/Ddr2Ctrl/B/B_example_top.sdc' 

and subsequently: 

Warning: Ignored filter at B_example_top.sdc(1): pnf could not be matched with a port 

I haven't the ..._example_top stuff in my file list, nor the ...example_top.sdc file. When I grep through the .qsf file I only find the ones of the DDR2 and the one of my own toplevel. Has anybody an Idea, where the B_example_top.sdc link could be set, or ho to find out? Is there another location (besides the .qsf / file list) where such links are defined? How can I get rid of it? 

Regards, 

Peter
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Might be within the .qip file

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Might be within the .qip file 

--- Quote End ---  

Indeed, it is. I found this line: 

set_global_assignment -name SDC_FILE [file join $::quartus(qip_path) B_example_top.sdc ] 

Up to now, I was not aware that the .qip was user readable (in fact it's looking very similar as the .qsf file to me). So taking out the unwanted part hopefullya solves the issue. Do you know any limitations editing the .qip file (as they don't really mention this in manuals...)? 

However the including of the "example_top" files must be a new "feature" (wasn't like this in Quartus II 9.0). In my opinion not very useful, as most people won't use "example top" in their "real" designs... 

Anyway, thanks for the hint!
0 Kudos