FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DDR2 High Performance Con V7.1 SDC file difference between Stratix III and Stratix II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I create a DDR2 High Performance Controller V7.1 with a stratix II device and find that the auto-generated SDC file include many constraints, such as DQ/DQS/Addr/Cmd output delay, DQ input delay, clock max delay, false path,etc. But When I create the same controller with a stratix III device, the auto-generated SDC file doesn't include DQ/DQS output delay, DQ input delay, clock max delay. It only includes Addr/Cmd output delay and less false paths. I have two questions: 

1. Why there are so many differences between stratix II and stratix III?  

2. Should I add the DQ/DQS output delay and DQ input delay and the others into SDC file when I use TimeQuest to analyze timing with DDR2 High Performance Controller in stratix III? 

If someone knows about it, please tell me. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Sorry, I can give you my advice, because I use Stratix II only.  

But I think you are profession in my issues, I need your help. 

I have some troubles with my design. I use MegaWizard in Quartus's Web edition(not create High performance Controller), to create ALTMEMPHY. It releases many files such as: 

*_alt_mem_phy_reconfig_sii 

*_alt_mem_phy_ sii 

alt_mem_phy_defines 

alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd 

*_altmem_phy_sequencer_wrapper.vo 

Module "alt_mem_phy_sequencer.vhd" is encrypted, so I can't see anything. How can I use this module? 

To ensure my logic is ok, I simulate them with my logic by using NCverilog 5.5. But the way ALTMEMPHY tool uses parameter is new to me. And when I run my simulation, it can not stop and print out may warnings. So you can give me your advice. 

I'm very impressed by ALTMEMPHY but I can't use it for a long time. 

Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi 

I create a DDR2 High Performance Controller V7.1 with a stratix II device and find that the auto-generated SDC file include many constraints, such as DQ/DQS/Addr/Cmd output delay, DQ input delay, clock max delay, false path,etc. But When I create the same controller with a stratix III device, the auto-generated SDC file doesn't include DQ/DQS output delay, DQ input delay, clock max delay. It only includes Addr/Cmd output delay and less false paths. I have two questions: 

1. Why there are so many differences between stratix II and stratix III?  

2. Should I add the DQ/DQS output delay and DQ input delay and the others into SDC file when I use TimeQuest to analyze timing with DDR2 High Performance Controller in stratix III? 

If someone knows about it, please tell me. 

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

HI shsong , 

can you provide your ddr2 controller sdc file for reference? 

regards 

--sampath
0 Kudos