FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

DDR3 Uniphy- Hard memory controller with MPFE.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm using Arria V GT dev kit, DDR3 SDRAM Uniphy IP, Hard memory controller with Multi port front end (MPFE). I'm using 2 ports, First port for Write_only and second port for read_only and trying to write some set of data to DDR memory with Burst lenth =8 and read back the same with BL=8. But i'm unable to read my data back, because data_valid signal never goes HIGH. 

I'm using Micron device= MT41J128M16HA-125D. 32MX16X8, 2GB, DDR Memory. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

TEST- 1 

write side => BL = 8, Data_write = 32 bit, write_request = 8 clk cycles, Byte_En = Fh , Burst_begin = 1 for one cycle at start of the burst and address ="0000000". 

Read side => BL=8, Data_read =32 bit, read_request = 8 clk cycles, Byr_En =Fh, Burst_begin =1 for one cycle at start of the address and address ="000000". 

Result => with read_request = 8 times(8 clk cycles) and BL= 8. I'm getting 64 times (64 clk cycles) of data valid. Im able to read my data along with some junk data. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TEST- 2 

Write side => same as TEST-1 

read side => same as Test-1, but only 4 times read_request with BL= 8, then  

result => with read_request = 4 times(4 clk cycles) and BL= 8. I'm getting 32 times (32 clk cycles) of data valid. Im able to read my data along with some junk data. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TEST- 3 

read side => same as Test-1, but only 2 times read_request with BL= 8, then  

result => with read_request = 2 times(2 clk cycles) and BL= 8. I'm getting 16 times (16 clk cycles) of data valid. Im able to read my data along with some junk data. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TEST- 4 

read side => same as Test-1, but only 1 time read_request with BL= 8, then  

result => with read_request = 1 time(1 clk cycle) and BL= 8.  

Data_valid signal never trigger. Data_read = "0000000000". so No data read . 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

what could be the reason..?? 

If suppose I'm writing 32 bit of data, 8 times with BL=8, then while reading back How many times should i enable the read_request signal with BL=8...??
0 Kudos
0 Replies