FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

DDR3 controller timing violation

VMots
Beginner

Hello!

I am tring to add DDR3 controller IP to my current project, but after implementation Quartus 18.1 show timing violations on paths from afi_clk to pll_hr_clk (200 MHz -> 400 MHz). Clock frequency of DDR3 memory is 800 MHz. FPGA is Stratix V.  FPGA resources used about 66%.

When exploring timing violation in the TimeQuest I see that there is big skew (~ 800 ps) between this two clocks although they are different outputs of the same pll.

I must to note that after run the p0_pin_assignment.tcl script in the qsf-file written assignment for pll_hr_clk put it on DUAL-REGIONAL CLOCK network  and afi_clk to GLOBAL CLOCK.

In the GUI of the DDR controllet IP there is no settings for shifting these two clocks one relative another.

When I try to set phase adjustment directly in the generated sources for pll not help (it is possible that I set not applicable settings)

Also I didn't find the fitter and QSF settings which can help.

If someone can help me with this I will be very appreciate.

Thank you in advance

Viktor

0 Kudos
0 Replies