FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

DSP Builder License

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI,  

I want to know if Quartus License and DSP Builder are the same? I install a full version of Qurartus 10.1 ( DSP Duilder, Nios, Model Sim, Quatrus) and i have the file License.dat but i can't generate a HDL code from DSP Builder block :(
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

QII and DSP Builder are separate license features which you have to purchase, though they can live in the same license file

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

bad news but thanks. can i have evaluation version for DSP Builder?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try talking to your distributor

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi AsiaAleandri, can you just explain me more, are you talking about a license for free version? I have Quartus 10.1 with the license and I work with DSP Builder 10.1 but when I tried to generate the VHDL code I can't because the problem of license of DSP Builder.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You get a free evaluation license for DSP builder when you order a DSP kit. Except for that you need to pay to get a license. But as thepancake said you can try and talk to your distributor, they may be able to do an evaluation license for you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you want to convert DSP model into VHDL, you need DSP builder license.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You get a free evaluation license for DSP builder when you order a DSP kit. Except for that you need to pay to get a license. But as thepancake said you can try and talk to your distributor, they may be able to do an evaluation license for you. 

--- Quote End ---  

hello :-) 

can u tell me from where and how to download the free evalualtion license dor dsp buider??? i downloaded the dsp builder 10.1 from the altera website but dont know how to get the license for it. WHen i run signal complier it says "unable to find a dsp buider license" 

. if u have any link from where i can download a cracked version of the dsp builder to solve the license problem, kindly post it. Its urgent ppl, kindly help me. Thank u in advance
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no free evaluation license to download. As I explained to the previous poster, you may try and ask nicely to your local distributor and see if they can help you. Alternatively if you buy a DSP kit I think it includes a license. 

--- Quote Start ---  

if u have any link from where i can download a cracked version of the dsp builder to solve the license problem, kindly post it. Its urgent ppl, kindly help me. Thank u in advance 

--- Quote End ---  

Don't ask for anything illegal here or you may get banned.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Daixiwen for your help. but i thought as we can download the software from the altera website they'll also provide a 30 day trial (evaluation) license.  

Actually, Our university has bought the Altera Cyclone II DSP developoment board and with the CD s for installation were given which included Quartus II version 6 design software( 2CDs), NIOS II Embedded installation CD, Megacore IP CD and DSP builder CD. Mathlab version 6 CD was not present so i installed MATLAB 7.1. I have succesfully installed the CDS except the NIOS II Embedden CD. The problem is in the altera DSP Builder toolbox in simulink under the section boards , the board " Cyclone II EP2C70 DSP board " is not present only " Cyclone II EP2C35" board is present. How to include " Cyclone II EP2C70 DSP board " in the simulink as we have that board only. Do u know how to do it?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry, I don't know. I've never used the DSP builder.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I downloaded Quartus II Web Edition and now I want to purchase a license for DSP Builder. Can I buy the license online? If not, do I have to contact Altera Sale Representative in order to obtain DSP Builder license?

0 Kudos