FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

DSP Builder License

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI,  

I want to know if Quartus License and DSP Builder are the same? I install a full version of Qurartus 10.1 ( DSP Duilder, Nios, Model Sim, Quatrus) and i have the file License.dat but i can't generate a HDL code from DSP Builder block :(
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

QII and DSP Builder are separate license features which you have to purchase, though they can live in the same license file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

bad news but thanks. can i have evaluation version for DSP Builder?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try talking to your distributor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi AsiaAleandri, can you just explain me more, are you talking about a license for free version? I have Quartus 10.1 with the license and I work with DSP Builder 10.1 but when I tried to generate the VHDL code I can't because the problem of license of DSP Builder.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You get a free evaluation license for DSP builder when you order a DSP kit. Except for that you need to pay to get a license. But as thepancake said you can try and talk to your distributor, they may be able to do an evaluation license for you.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you want to convert DSP model into VHDL, you need DSP builder license.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You get a free evaluation license for DSP builder when you order a DSP kit. Except for that you need to pay to get a license. But as thepancake said you can try and talk to your distributor, they may be able to do an evaluation license for you. 

--- Quote End ---  

hello :-) 

can u tell me from where and how to download the free evalualtion license dor dsp buider??? i downloaded the dsp builder 10.1 from the altera website but dont know how to get the license for it. WHen i run signal complier it says "unable to find a dsp buider license" 

. if u have any link from where i can download a cracked version of the dsp builder to solve the license problem, kindly post it. Its urgent ppl, kindly help me. Thank u in advance
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no free evaluation license to download. As I explained to the previous poster, you may try and ask nicely to your local distributor and see if they can help you. Alternatively if you buy a DSP kit I think it includes a license. 

--- Quote Start ---  

if u have any link from where i can download a cracked version of the dsp builder to solve the license problem, kindly post it. Its urgent ppl, kindly help me. Thank u in advance 

--- Quote End ---  

Don't ask for anything illegal here or you may get banned.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Daixiwen for your help. but i thought as we can download the software from the altera website they'll also provide a 30 day trial (evaluation) license.  

Actually, Our university has bought the Altera Cyclone II DSP developoment board and with the CD s for installation were given which included Quartus II version 6 design software( 2CDs), NIOS II Embedded installation CD, Megacore IP CD and DSP builder CD. Mathlab version 6 CD was not present so i installed MATLAB 7.1. I have succesfully installed the CDS except the NIOS II Embedden CD. The problem is in the altera DSP Builder toolbox in simulink under the section boards , the board " Cyclone II EP2C70 DSP board " is not present only " Cyclone II EP2C35" board is present. How to include " Cyclone II EP2C70 DSP board " in the simulink as we have that board only. Do u know how to do it?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry, I don't know. I've never used the DSP builder.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I downloaded Quartus II Web Edition and now I want to purchase a license for DSP Builder. Can I buy the license online? If not, do I have to contact Altera Sale Representative in order to obtain DSP Builder license?