FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

DSP-Builder output pin hardware clock

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can someone tell me how can you output a clock to a FPGA pinout, in the Simulink enviroment 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Make sure your design has a Clock block (from the AltLab sub-library) and then open its parameters. There should be an option "Export As Output Pin". 

The option is also available on the Clock_Derived block.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually did that , but there is no signal at the FPGA pin, I also did it with a PLL which generates internal clocks with frequencies that are multiples of the frequency of the system clock  

And set pin out with the Quartus II Pinout Assignments: 

Pin name : PLL_clk0 

Pin location : Pin_F3 

And I get this Matlab Error 

Pin Assignment Error: Port PLL_clk0 referenced in Pin Assignment dspddcejem/Quartus II Pinout Assignments cannot be found. 

Error: Error during compilation: Error: Error analyzing model see log for details.  

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to include a output port?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I turn 'Export As Output Pin' to 'On' to export this clock as an output pin, but how can I assign this to a Altera Quartus II Pinout (FPGA pin) in the simulink enviroment ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure this is possible. You could load the quartus project created by DSP Builder and manually add this pin assignment.

0 Kudos