FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5886 Discussions

DSP-Builder output pin hardware clock

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can someone tell me how can you output a clock to a FPGA pinout, in the Simulink enviroment 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Make sure your design has a Clock block (from the AltLab sub-library) and then open its parameters. There should be an option "Export As Output Pin". 

The option is also available on the Clock_Derived block.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually did that , but there is no signal at the FPGA pin, I also did it with a PLL which generates internal clocks with frequencies that are multiples of the frequency of the system clock  

And set pin out with the Quartus II Pinout Assignments: 

Pin name : PLL_clk0 

Pin location : Pin_F3 

And I get this Matlab Error 

Pin Assignment Error: Port PLL_clk0 referenced in Pin Assignment dspddcejem/Quartus II Pinout Assignments cannot be found. 

Error: Error during compilation: Error: Error analyzing model see log for details.  

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to include a output port?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I turn 'Export As Output Pin' to 'On' to export this clock as an output pin, but how can I assign this to a Altera Quartus II Pinout (FPGA pin) in the simulink enviroment ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure this is possible. You could load the quartus project created by DSP Builder and manually add this pin assignment.