FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6422 Discussions

Debugging Ethernet 10G MAC CSR

ZaidSahawneh
Beginner

I am trying to debug my Ethernet 10G MAC using the CSR interface, however, when I attempt a read (at address = offset + 20 for example; Tx Packet Control), I see the read signal go high via Signal Tap but no further activity occurs. My understanding is that these registers should have default reset values. Does anyone know why my reads lock up? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Debugging Steps

1. Verify Address and Offset

Ensure that the address you are reading from is correctly calculated and falls within the valid range of the CSR space. An incorrect address could lead to undefined behavior.

2. Check Reset and Initialization

Confirm that the MAC and the CSR interface are properly reset and initialized. Default values should be loaded into the registers upon reset. Verify this with the appropriate reset signals and sequences.

Best regards,

zying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since no hear any feedback from you, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Best regards,

zying

0 Kudos