FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Do I need IP license for Cyclone III LS kit secure design example?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to Altera products, I would be grateful if someone could clarify this point for me. 

I haven't purchased the above kit yet. However, I am wondering whether the Secure Design example, which includes MegaFunctions such as altparallel_flash_loader, can be developed into a product using Quartus II Webedition without paying for IP licenses. For example, altparallel-flash-loader doesn't seem to be in the MegaStore, so maybe such basic functions are free of charge?  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The best way to answer these questions would be to download the Web Edition, and create a couple of example designs with the IP you wish to use. 

If you can download the design examples that come with the kit, then you could also try re-synthesizing the design. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the PFL is in MegaWizard > JTAG-accessible Extensions 

the devkit includes a 1 year license for Quartus II. i'm not sure if Subscription Edition is required for the design security features. i'm fairly certain a free license is required for design security, i believe you have to sign some forms for export control
0 Kudos