FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5875 Discussions

Do I need IP license for Cyclone III LS kit secure design example?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I am new to Altera products, I would be grateful if someone could clarify this point for me. 

I haven't purchased the above kit yet. However, I am wondering whether the Secure Design example, which includes MegaFunctions such as altparallel_flash_loader, can be developed into a product using Quartus II Webedition without paying for IP licenses. For example, altparallel-flash-loader doesn't seem to be in the MegaStore, so maybe such basic functions are free of charge?  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

The best way to answer these questions would be to download the Web Edition, and create a couple of example designs with the IP you wish to use. 

If you can download the design examples that come with the kit, then you could also try re-synthesizing the design. 

Cheers, 

Dave
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

the PFL is in MegaWizard > JTAG-accessible Extensions 

the devkit includes a 1 year license for Quartus II. i'm not sure if Subscription Edition is required for the design security features. i'm fairly certain a free license is required for design security, i believe you have to sign some forms for export control