FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Error(17044): Illegal connection on I/O input buffer primitive u0|pci_ddr_emif_0|pci_ddr_emif_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[4].b|cal_oct.ibuf. Source I/O pin

mrama13
Beginner

can you please share how to resolve this error to my mail id. madabathula.ramakrishnarjuna@altran.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

It is hard for me to understand clearer with only the error message. I will need your design to check further. If you are unable to provide the design due to confidential issue. Then I will need your help to create a simple design that able to demonstrate the error or give me a steps to duplicate the error.

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel
0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Avichay
Beginner

Hi, same issue . even with the intel DDR 3 EMIF example.

as a stand alone it compiles ok but when instantiated on the  the top it generates this  error .

Error(17044): Illegal connection on I/O input buffer primitive sys|emif_c10_0|emif_c10_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[0].b|cal_oct.ibuf. Source I/O pin sys|emif_c10_0|emif_c10_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[0].b|cal_oct.obuf drives out to destinations other than the specified I/O input buffer primitive. Modify your design so the specified source I/O pin drives only the specified I/O input buffer primitive.

Thanks f

0 Kudos