FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Error(17044): Illegal connection on I/O input buffer primitive u0|pci_ddr_emif_0|pci_ddr_emif_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[4].b|cal_oct.ibuf. Source I/O pin

mrama13
Beginner

can you please share how to resolve this error to my mail id. madabathula.ramakrishnarjuna@altran.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

It is hard for me to understand clearer with only the error message. I will need your design to check further. If you are unable to provide the design due to confidential issue. Then I will need your help to create a simple design that able to demonstrate the error or give me a steps to duplicate the error.

BoonT_Intel
BoonT_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Avichay
Beginner

Hi, same issue . even with the intel DDR 3 EMIF example.

as a stand alone it compiles ok but when instantiated on the  the top it generates this  error .

Error(17044): Illegal connection on I/O input buffer primitive sys|emif_c10_0|emif_c10_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[0].b|cal_oct.ibuf. Source I/O pin sys|emif_c10_0|emif_c10_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[0].b|cal_oct.obuf drives out to destinations other than the specified I/O input buffer primitive. Modify your design so the specified source I/O pin drives only the specified I/O input buffer primitive.

Thanks f