FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Error about simulating altgx IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

My English is poor , so I try to express my opinion as clear as possible. I am sorry if I made some syntax errors. 

I am learning the architecture of transceivers and how to configure and use altgx IP . About a few days ago , I saw the "High-Speed Serial Protocol Design with Altera Transceiver Devices_Exercise" webcast from altera website and download the exercises. 

The exercise is a partially-complete design project without the Stratix® IV GX transceiver block . I need to use altgx IP to complete the project .  

I configure the altgx IP as the exercise mannual told me . Now I can compile it but I can't simulate it . When I use modelsim-altera to simulate it .The error is  

error: (vsim-3033) d:/modelsim_altera/modelsim_ae/workspace/basic_6g/basic_6g.v(104): instantiation of 'basic_6g_io' failed. the design unit was not found. 

basic_6g_io is the instantiation name of the altgx IP . 

I have been tried to correct the error for several days. So if you know how to solve it , please tell me. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have solved this problem , I forgot to add a .v file to that project.