FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

Error message for a LVDS at receiver side

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Sir, 

I got one error message as below. It is for an IP from MegaWizard. 

The IP is an LVDS with a SerDes. I don't know what the compensated input mean? 

And, it seems that the LVDS has been set to a non-DPA mode. As far as I know, 

the mode I need is soft-CDR for a SGMII interface. A little confused. There is 

no option for the mode of soft-CDR. 

Error: Input clock pin of fast PLL altlvds_rx_top:altlvds_rx_top|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|altlvds_rx_top_lvds_rx:auto_generated|pll, which drives at least one non-DPA-mode SERDES, must be driven by a compensated input 

Regards, 

Peter Chang
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Sir, 

I need to modify a little for my question after got the user guide for the LVDS.  

Because I made a mistake that choosing a non-DPA mode. I, however, got another 

error message after setting it to a soft-CDR and compiled. 

Error: Clock input port inclk[0] of PLL "altpll_sgmii:pll_sgmii_rx|altpll:altpll_component|altpll_sgmii_altpll:auto_generated|pll1" must be driven by a non-inverted input pin or another PLL, optionally through a Clock Control block 

Info: Input port INCLK[0] of node "altpll_sgmii:pll_sgmii_rx|altpll:altpll_component|altpll_sgmii_altpll:auto_generated|pll1" is driven by altlvds_rx_top:altlvds_rx_top|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|altlvds_rx_top_lvds_rx:auto_generated|wire_rx_divfwdclk[0]~_wirecell which is COMBOUT output port of Combinational cell type node altlvds_rx_top:altlvds_rx_top|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|altlvds_rx_top_lvds_rx:auto_generated|wire_rx_divfwdclk[0]~_wirecell 

the inclock0 is driven by an output from a pll in 125Mhz. I don't know why it is not acceptable. 

Regards, 

Peter Chang 

--- Quote Start ---  

Dear Sir, 

I got one error message as below. It is for an IP from MegaWizard. 

The IP is an LVDS with a SerDes. I don't know what the compensated input mean? 

And, it seems that the LVDS has been set to a non-DPA mode. As far as I know, 

the mode I need is soft-CDR for a SGMII interface. A little confused. There is 

no option for the mode of soft-CDR. 

Error: Input clock pin of fast PLL altlvds_rx_top:altlvds_rx_top|altlvds_rx:altlvds_rx_component|altlvds_rx_top_lvds_rx:auto_generated|pll, which drives at least one non-DPA-mode SERDES, must be driven by a compensated input 

Regards, 

Peter Chang 

--- Quote End ---