FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

Evaluation of the latency of each module on my design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

In order to know how fast is my FPGA Stratix II 2SEP2S180F1020C3, I would like to evaluate the latency of my design on Alera Dsp Builder. I read that an approach is to obtain the latency of the arithmetic operators (multiplier, divider, parallel adder, gain) before evaluating the delay for each module. How can I do it? 

I also read about "Implementing Multipliers in FPGA Devices" on the site http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an306.pdf, but I'm still confused. 

So, I would also like to Know how I can use Dsp Builder to obtain the critical path or longest time between the input and the output of the data through the design. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You will need to synthesize your design with Quartus II and use timequest afterwords to analyze timing and detect the critical paths.