FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Example DSP Builder FFT megacore V7.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm searching for a Simulink example of a application with the FFT megacore V7.1. My simulation still don't run after several hours of trying... 

Thank you very much! 

Reto
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Reto, 

I found a few things: 

- the simulation wasnt long enough to see the results coming out. You had the simulation running for 600 clocks on a 1024 point FFT, you'll need at least 3X the FFT size to account for the latency. 

- the EOP and SOP packets were misformed. You should only assert for 1 clock and the SOP and EOP should be 1023 clocks away and then repeat every 1024 clocks. 

I've fixed the simulation and attached it. You'll need to regenerate the megacore of course. 

:)  

blk
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank's a lot! I'll have a try. 

Reto
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the good demo design. Perhaps someone can help me. 

I'd like to alter the design to have SOP and EOP signals generated via DSP Builder - my input digital signal will stream continuously, and the FFT will pick off 2048 points (need SOP every 1024 for maximum packet size limitation, but need EOP at 2048 points) 

I am having difficulty mimicking the behavior of "Pulse Generator" with the available "Single Pulse" DSP Builder block.  

Thank you, 

--Mickey
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello everyone, 

I am new about using this megafunction. 

I have video data from a sensor. 

and I have to do fft to this datas. 

I tried to do but is there anyone who can help me ?
0 Kudos