FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

FFT + IFFT processing

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello! I use FFT + IFFT pair, my adc is 12 bit and Vp 3,3 Volts, input signal is sin Amp 400mv DC offset 800mv, i have right amplitude spectrum after FFT (the square root of the sum of squares х 2, exactly DC component) .  

Now i add IFFT to my project, connect source_fft to sink ifft directly and make sum scalling after ifft.  

assign EXP_SUM = ((~SOURCE_EXP1 + 1'b1) + (~SOURCE_EXP2 + 1'b1) - 4'd8); assign REAL_EXP = ~EXP_SUM + 1'b1;  

The output IFFT - sin with right frequency, but amplitude peak values is wrong, something about 2000 - 6000(the square root of the sum of squares). I'm expect values of 12 bit ADC, it's right? please help me calculate output voltage or tell what i doing wrong.  

mmm...if this values divide by 4 and calculate voltage (0.0008 V - 1 bit), it's will be right)))) but why?)
0 Kudos
0 Replies