FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Failed to simulate DMA_Chaining example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

Please help, i can't simulate my dma_chaining example in ModelSIM,  

I run "do runtb.do" file and got the follwing message: 

--- Quote Start ---  

** Error: (vsim-3033) ../../../pcie_small_core.v(746): Instantiation of 'altpcie_hip_pipen1b' failed. The design unit was not found. 

# Region: /pcie_small_chaining_testbench/ep/epmap/wrapper 

# Searched libraries: 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't know where the module altpcie_hip_pipen1b is.  

Any work around/solution? 

Jeff
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

'altpcie_hip_pipen1b' instantiates the Hard IP block for the PCIe core. It's usually located in the "pci_express_compiler-library" under your Quartus II project directory. 

What version of Quartus II are you using? And is this a design from one of the Application Notes or did you create the design yourself? It sounds like the modelsim script didn't have all the files needed to be compiled.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where should the simulation model for the HardIP block be?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jeff, 

Did you ever figure out the solution to this? I am having a very similar problem. The simulation cant find the model for the Hard PCIe IP. It lists all the simulation libraries and then says it cant find it. Which library does it live in? 

Thanks, 

-Greg
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Jeff, 

Did you ever figure out the solution to this? I am having a very similar problem. The simulation cant find the model for the Hard PCIe IP. It lists all the simulation libraries and then says it cant find it. Which library does it live in? 

Thanks, 

-Greg 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, when creating the HardIP in megawizard, in the last step, do check the "Generate Simulation Model" ... this will generate a <name>_core.vo file. Compile this file during simulation.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Of course! Thank you. I think I was trying to use every other file except for this one. 

-Greg
0 Kudos