FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5982 Discussions

Genlock - master source (DVI) + one framebuffered camera source

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to build a system that can overlay a camerasignal to a DVI signal from my PC . (using Altera VIP) 

Here ist my setup so far: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- mixer  

----------------(A : DVI-source 1080p60) CVI -> ALFABLENDMIXER(layer0) --->|......| 

---------------------------------------------------------alpha0_source --->|......|  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------|------| ---> CVO (1080p60 same pixclk as source A) 

(B:Camera 1080p60) CVI -> CSC -> FRAMEBUFFER -> ALFABLENDMIXER(layer1) --->|......| 

---------------------------------------------------------alpha1_source --->|______| 

The output signal are not as expected: blinking.. flimmer.. blackscreen..  

My first guess is that the problem is lack of framebuffer in the sourceA-path, but its not physical possible due to memory bandwidth!!! 

When im replacing sourceA with a TestPatternGenerator i got the intended overlay functionality :). 

It should be possible to run with a DVI input with some small adjustings but here im needing help!!!????? 

How do i setup the SourceA-path to run without framebuffer?? Using genlock or simpler solution? 

I hope someone can give me some hints to reach my goal. 

Thanks, 

Bertel
0 Kudos
0 Replies